I don't really talk about it much, but last year around this time my husband lost his job. It was expected due to the industry he worked in at the time, but it was still a huge adjustment. He's still in school full time and he's done a bit of contract work (I've mentioned his stints overseas in other posts), but nothing steady. To say it's been frustrating would be an understatement. But, I still have a lot to be thankful for. So, when I get stressed, I have to remind myself of those things.
What I'm Thankful For
- My hubby is home safe for the holidays (he was supposed to be gone, but his contract ended early)
- My sister married the man she loves this year
- I have great parents who never made their divorce difficult for their children
- I have a roof over my head
- Even though we didn't get to take a vacation this year, one of my best friends got to come visit me.
- I have TWO amazing critique partners. I'd be satisfied with one, but I've got two of the best.
- My MIL and FIL are awesome. I love the in-laws and wonder how I got so lucky.
- I have my health
- I'm seriously thankful for the good coffee I drink every morning.
- I'm very thankful for all my friendships, both IRL and online.