Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Who the heck is Kaylea Cross?


Me!

Thanks to the ladies here at Writers Gone Wild (*waving*), I'll be posting every other Wednesday. I write romantic suspense, and mostly military themed at that, because I have a fascination with special operations. I'm not sure how it happened, but around age twelve or so I got hooked on the Civil War (weird, since I'm Canadian), and soon after that on special ops. At any given time on my nightstand, I'll have two stacks of books, one romance and the other special ops non-fiction. I know it's odd, but hey, that's how it is. It might have something to do with the fact I married an accountant. Writing romantic suspense allows me to walk on the wild side for a little while :) I love researching my characters' jobs, so I can add some realism to my plots. For me, that's almost as fun as writing the book.

I've got three or possibly four upcoming releases with The Wild Rose Press this year, the first in February, so it's going to be a busy year for me. The first in the series is called Out of Her League, and I'm tickled that it just won an RWA Laurel Wreath contest for best romantic suspense.

I feel so lucky to be included with such a talented group of authors. Thanks for having me, guys! Huge congrats to Saranna on your Dorchester contract--can't wait to read the book.

6 comments:

Katie Reus said...

Welcome to Writers Gone Wild! You already know I'm a fan :) Can't wait to see what you have in store for us this year!

SarannaDeWylde said...

Wow, I really am losing my mind. I thought today was Tuesday. *laughs*

Anyway, congrats on your win! Your book sounds fun and welcome to Writers Gone Wild!

Liane Gentry Skye said...

OMG, Saranna, that must be catching, me, too! Kaylea, welcome! I know you're going to be a bright and fresh voice on this blog. SO proud to have you!

Stay tuned because we have two more newbies inbound, Jennifer Hart and Anne Kane. It's going to be a hopping New Year!

Kaylea Cross said...

Thanks, gang. Looking forward to meeting the others!

Tambra said...

Welcome, Kaylea! Glad to have you with us.

Hugs,
Tambra

Maree Anderson said...

Huge welcome to you, Kaylea -- thrilled to have you here with us!

 

Made by Lena