Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Introducing Kerri Williams

An interview with Aussie author, Kerri Williams for Writers Gone Wild.




                                    Q. What do you love the most about writing?

A. Holy cow woman, slog me with a big one right up front why don’t ya.
Well firstly I think my writing actually stems from a love of reading. I read a lot!
I love it that much that I wanted to be able to write something that others may enjoy. It’s awesome to let your imagination take over your fingers as they tap-dance across the keyboard and before you know it you have a story of your very own.

Q Where do you set most of your stories?
A. In Australia. It’s a harder to market but I love my country and hope to travel more of it one day. My first book TAKING BACK HIS WIDOW was based in a small coastal town I lived in. It held so much character I couldn’t help but use it and the townsfolk who shared it with me and my family.
My second novel NUDGING CUPID is based on the Mid North Coast of NSW where I currently live. It has such diverse atmosphere with its pristine beaches and rich country side all surrounded by lively state forests and national parks. It makes it easy to write when you are blessed by their beauty every day.

Q. What genre do you write?
A. I write romance of course but have branched out a little with my WIP, it’s a suspense with romantic elements. I can’t NOT write or read anything without a splash of love within its pages.

Q. Describe your hero's? What makes them special to you?
A. Ooh, is this a PG interview? LOL. Let’s just say they have to meet certain requirements. They also have to be human/realistic. There’s nothing worse than a hero who isn’t realistic.
I love using characteristics of my husband, even when he’s an ass. I love you honey! But how can you have a hero that at some point you don’t want to slap in the back of the head. I like them tough but marshmallow on the inside.
Sure they are hot and caring and protective and understanding… I could go on, but I like them with balance.

Q. What is the one thing your heroines must have?
A. I like them to independent and with a little sass but deep inside they are vulnerable and need their hero. I’m a sucker for a damsel in distress disguised by her tough as nails persona.

Q. What book are you reading now?
A. I’m feeling a tad antsy at the moment and need a good read but I have been too busy with edits and such I haven’t started anything new yet. But saying this I do have Girl With A Dragon Tattoo ready to read when I have a moment. I heard it’s awesome.

Q. What are your current projects?
A. Other then painting my front fence. LOL. I’m editing my WIP that I’m targeting at a mainstream publisher so I can see it on the shelf at work in Target and the like. 
Q What was your favorite chapter (or part) to write and why?

A. Ooh, I liked my first chapter because my characters have attitude and resentment toward each other and don’t mind showing it. It’s all the set up and excitement of what’s to come. I always like my first chapters.


Kerri's book is available at the Eternal Press website. Thanks for dropping by Kerri.

Thanks so much for having me Karly, It’s always a pleasure to come play at your place.
Kez
Kerri Williams

4 comments:

Michelle said...

I really enjoyed your interview. I can relate to what you look for in your hero, I love my hubby dearly but he does need a good slap now and then! For as strong and independent I claim to be I know the safest place to be is in his arms:)

Best of luck with the books! I'll be adding you to my tbr

Kaylea Cross said...

Hi, Kerri, and welcome! That's so sweet that you like to base your heroes on your hubby. Mine's sweet, but he's an accountant, and since I write about badass Special Ops heroes...yeah, that doesn't work out too well, lol.

Alleged Author said...

Oooh...the new wip is romantic suspense? I lurve that genre. Awesome interview!

Kerri Williams writer of romance said...

My mass apologies for my tardiness but have to give you girls a big e-hug.
Michelle- I'm with ya on the 'in his arms' comment. Theres' nothing that compares.

Kaylea- you crack me up. Maybe you could have him like a superman theme accountant by day, super ops hero by demand or even an under cover op. lol

Alleged- (Love that) me too! the thrill of the hunt followed by dramatic love. Who could beat that huh.

Thanks ladies
Kez.w

 

Made by Lena